Position: Therapy Aide - Early Intervention Programs (Child)
Nature of position:
Temporary Part-Time (Maternity leave cover)/ . Commencement October 3, 2022, ends October 2, 2023.
15 hours per week. 2 days per week Wednesday and Thursday 8.30am-4pm, or flexible dependent on groups – to be discussed at interview.
The Therapy Aide provides assistance and support to the Early Intervention services team as assigned by a Physiotherapist (PT), Occupational Therapist (OT), and/or Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepares materials, handouts and equipment for therapists’ sessions, home use and educational sessions;
• Provides assistance with child management and participation facilitation in group therapy gatherings with therapist;
• Sets up and cleans up materials, furnishings and equipment for use by therapists during therapy and educational sessions;
• Operates equipment such as video cameras during therapist and educational sessions;
• Performs administrative support duties as required;
• Ensures a safe and healthy working environment by maintaining tidiness of the area and abiding by universal precautions and infection control procedures;
• Performs computer related duties including updating website and preparing materials for therapy sessions;
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Rate of pay: As per Collective Agreement - Grid Level 6
Location: Dogwood Place, Campbell River.
• Current Emergency First Aid and CPR
• Consent to a Criminal Record Check with RCMP and Solicitor General
• Negative Tuberculin Test
• Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s license and a Driver’s abstract
• Access to reliable transportation
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills:
• Ability to communicate appropriately with clients and their families, team members, and the public.
• Ability to function and contribute as a team member, maintaining a professional attitude and confidentiality of client and family information.
• Flexibility and the ability to make changes in response to specific feedback.
• Ability to continuously learn new skills under the supervision of therapists.
• Good organizational skills.
• Basic computer skills.
• Physically able to meet the demands of the position.
Union Status: Community Living Services Collective Agreement
Own Vehicle Requirements: Access to reliable transportation
Posting Date: Tuesday, August 2nd, 2022
Closing Date: Monday, August 15th, 2022 - 4:00 pm
Start Date: October 3, 2022
Campbell River and District Association for Community Living subscribes to the Human Rights Code of Canada and practices fair hiring. This position is open to all applicants and requires union membership.