Position: Financial Controller
Nature of position:
Permanent Full Time 37.5 hours per week
In consultation with the Executive Director, the Financial Controller is responsible for the management and administration of accounting systems, completing and interpreting financial statements and for coordinating the preparation and monitoring of the Association’s budgets. The Financial Controller is responsible for ensuring that the financial management of the Association is efficient and effective throughout all programs. This position also contributes to the effective functioning of the Association team by balancing completion of individual tasks and the overall workload of their department within the time frames available.
Rate of pay: $75,000-80,000 dependent on experience
Location: Campbell River, Vancouver Island. BC
* Demonstrated oral and written communication and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to prepare statistical analysis.
• Demonstrated experience in staff development.
• Excellent ability to work with and provide leadership and support to all levels of an organization including management, staff, clients, consumers, families and government funding agencies.
• Ability to plan, monitor and evaluate budgets.
• Ability to organize, plan and implement financial activities appropriate to the goals of the Association.
• Experience in the development of financial policies, procedures and operating guidelines.
• Consent to a Criminal Record Check
• Negative Tuberculin test
• Hepatitis B vaccine
• Must have access to a vehicle
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills:
The following qualifications are required or an equivalent combination of training and experience may be accepted:
• Degree in Accounting, C.PA. or C.A. or C.G.A or C.M.A. designation, and
• 3 - 5 years prior experience in a non-profit organization, and
• 2 years experience management/supervisory experience, and
• Computer knowledge, including accounting software packages.
Union Status: Non-Union posting
Own Vehicle Requirements: None
Posting Date: Tuesday, November 16th, 2021
Closing Date: Friday, December 31st, 2021 - 4:00 pm
Start Date: ASAP
Campbell River and District Association for Community Living subscribes to the Human Rights Code of Canada and practices fair hiring. This position is open to all applicants and requires union membership.