Position: Program Coordinator II
Nature of position:
40 hours per week
Rate of pay: Grid Level 14
• Must have minimum of 3-5 years in a management or supervisory capacity, supervising at least 8 staff in a Licensed Residential/Community Support setting with Adults with Developmental Disabilities.
• Must have training and experience working with behavioral/crisis situations and be able to direct staff on implementing behavioral plans, crisis situations
• Human Service Worker Diploma or equivalent
• Must have Specialized training in leadership or management
• Valid Class IV Driver’s License
• Current First Aid and CPR, Negative TB test results, Clear Criminal Record Check, Physicians Approval of Health, Foodsafe Certification
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills:
• Ability to deal effectively with stressful situations and to remain calm in difficult situations while ensuring everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
• Ability to lead, and participate in, a productive and interactive multi-disciplinary team.
• Strong problem solving skills
• Must have knowledge of Island Health Authority Licensing Standards, and have the qualifications to be approved as a Residential Supervisor by the Island Health Authority Licensing Branch.
• Ability to provide conflict resolution with clients, their families, and staff.
• Strong program management and decision making skills
• Proven ability to direct and manage employees in a unionized setting
• Must be able to work within a specified budget
Union Status: General Unit
Own Vehicle Requirements: Must have access to reliable transportation
Posting Date: Friday, July 28th, 2017
Closing Date: Thursday, August 10th, 2017
Start Date: Tuesday, August 15th, 2017
Campbell River and District Association for Community Living subscribes to the Human Rights Code of Canada and practices fair hiring. This position is open to male and female applicants and requires union membership.