Position: Financial Controller
Nature of position:
Permanent Full-Time Monday-Friday; 37.5 hours/week
Reporting to the Executive Director, Financial Controller is responsible for ensuring that the financial management of the Association is efficient and effective throughout all programs by,
• providing timely management accounting information to the Board of Directors, Executive Director and program supervisors
• working closely with program supervisors on the creation of annual budgets
• Ensuring that CRADACL’s accounting and financial records comply with official guidelines and the various government funders
• Ensuring that all funds, physical assets and other property of the Association are appropriately administered and safeguarded.
• Preparing annual financial statements and working papers for the annual audit;
• Confirming compliance with all government agencies by completion of PST, GST, EHT remittances, annual Charities Return and various funder reports;
• Working closely with program supervisors to educate and provide them with timely information regarding finance, accounting and budget procedures and to explore how the finance function can better support operations.
Rate of pay: Salary commensurate with experience
Location: Campbell River
• Consent to a Criminal Record Check
• Negative Tuberculin test
• Hepatitis B vaccine
• Must have access to a vehicle
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills:
The successful candidate will be a Certified Professional Accountant with experience operating as a Financial Controller, ideally in a not-for-profit organization. Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple stakeholder relationships and priorities is important, along with a results driven and continuous improvement mentality. Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word and with the SAGE 300 (accounting software) is an asset.
Candidates with CGA or CMA credentials and experience may also be considered.
Union Status: None
Own Vehicle Requirements: Must have access to own vehicle
Posting Date: Wednesday, December 23rd, 2020
Closing Date: Friday, January 15th, 2021 - 4:00 pm
Start Date: Interested candidates must be available to start this long term contract mid to late January 2021 allow for a significant handover period.
Campbell River and District Association for Community Living subscribes to the Human Rights Code of Canada and practices fair hiring. This position is open to all applicants and requires union membership.